1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with paper or foil liners. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 full.
3. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
1/2 cup shortening
2 cups powdered sugar
Mix together and fill cupcakes by cutting a cap out of the top of the cupcake. Fill with a small ball of filling and replace cap.
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons milk
2 "rows" of Oreos, crushed
1. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Add powdered sugar slowly.
2. Add vanilla and milk until creamy
3. Add 2/3 of crushed Oreos
4. Frost cupcakes, top with remaining Oreos