1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Insert liners into a medium cupcake pan.
2. With an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the butter and sugar together until fluffy, about 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs to the creamed mixture and beat well. Add the bananas and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
4. Add all the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix until completely integrated.
5. Add the milk and vanilla. Mix for 1 minute on medium speed.
6. **Fill cupcake liners one-half to three-quarters full with batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of cupcakes comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in the pan.
**I added crushed Nilla wafers in the cupcake liners before I added the batter.
I filled the cooled cupcakes with banana cream pudding and then frosted them with swiss meringue buttercream frosting. I followed the recipie from: http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com/2008/02/face-your-smbc-fears.html
The frosting was amazing! I may never go back to regular buttercream (until next week). It was fluffier and less tooth-achingly sweet than regular buttercream, but it took quite a bit longer to make.
Until next week!