Sunday, February 1, 2009

Cranberry Maple Walnut Layer Cake

Happy Birthday, Lynn!! My friend Lynn is my most loyal blog reader. She even reads other blogs just to give me ideas. She loved my cranberry maple walnut cupcakes so much, that she asked me to turn it into a layer cake for her birthday. I turned out great (I'm actually eating the piece that she sent home with me right now), it is a great departure from a normal chocolate or vanilla birthday cake. I've never been able to get a picture of one of my layer cakes sliced, but Lynn made me cut into her cake before her guests got there so that we could get a picture of the inside (talk about loyalty!). The only change that I made to the original recipe was the addition of walnuts around the outside of the cake. I hope your (snow-filled) birthday was great, Lynn!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yummm...i ate so much for breakfast that i got a stomach ache and had to eat celery to balance it out! i REALLY wish you could make wedding cakes!!!!!!!!!! my mom said, that, without a doubt, you are better than the wedding cake lady. :( poor me, i'll just have to eat inferior cake on my wedding......problem is, i dont know if i'd be nice enough to share cake you made! :)

Unknown said...

This looks really pretty. I love th contrast of colors. Bet it was delicious. What a lucky friend you have!